Old Hospital on College Hill.
Located in the Tug River Valley, the hospital sits high atop "College Hill" overlooking the City of Williamson, West Virginia.
The official address is (Clickable link):
193 Mulberry Street, Williamson, WV 25661
The hospital is not open daily and reservations are required to obtain entry. Click the "contact" tab to reach out to us!
If you're looking for more information on the area, including places to stay, places to eat,
and other haunted attractions visit the
Tug Valley Area CVB's website here:
Named after Wallace J. Williamson, the son of Benjamin Williamson who once owned all the land that is now known as the City of Williamson, the Old Hospital on College Hill opened March 3rd 1928 after a fire destroyed the original structure downtown in the winter of 1926.
This 50-Bed state of the art facility served as a hospital for 60 Years. The hospital was built with funds from selling bonds to the business owners of Williamson, which were all paid off by 1939.
Most locals can recall taking the long winding walk around the side of the building to the basement area where the emergency room, radiology department, cafeteria and lab were located. The ICU was located on the 1st floor, obstetrics on the 2nd floor, medical & surgical rooms on the 3rd floor and a pharmacy was located on the 4th floor. Changes took place though and the emergency room was later moved to the 1st floor (street level).
In 1979, the facility was sold to Hospital Managements Association, Inc. where the hospital remained in use until 1988. Then, a new, more modern facility was constructed just up the street.
The old hospital was renovated and utilized as physicians' offices over the next 26 years and since 2014 the building had been used for storage.
In 2018 & 2019, Williamson Memorial Hospital partnered with the Tug Valley Area CVB to host paranormal tours through the building during the Halloween season. Almost every tour sold out as thousands came to Williamson with interest to see this mysterious structure on College Hill.
Notably, in 2019, actor Tony Moran, who played the original Michael Myers in John Carpenter's 1978 Film "Halloween" made an appearance at the Old Hospital on College Hill to meet fans at the conclusion of their tours.
In late 2020, the facility was purchased by a private investor who plans to open its' doors to the public year-round.
In 2021, the facility reopened to the public as a host to both paranormal and historic tour opportunities.
The Old Hospital is now open! Please Call 304-953-0987 for more information!